– If you could take a time machine to any moment in the Bible, which would you choose and why?
– Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
“When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. 22 And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased. Now Jesus was thirty years old when he began his ministry…”
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply;
“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of [a]bondage.“You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor [b]serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God…”
– What do you observe about the The Godhead in these passages?
– How does revelation of The Three-Person God affect the way a person sees God?
– Idolatry can happen when we take a “good thing and make it a God-thing.” Are there any priorities that need to be re-arranged in your life as you follow Jesus this week?
– Pastor Justice said, “You can worship or you can worry, but you can not do both at the same time.” Do you have worries that you must surrender so you can worship Jesus fully this week?
Before Next Week:
– Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
– Ask someone volunteer their 4 minutes testimony next week
– Pray for one another in groups
Day 1: Matthew 1 & 2
Day 2: Matthew 3
Day 3: Matthew 4
Day 4: Matthew 5
Day 5: Matthew 6
Day 6: Matthew 7
Day 7: Matthew 8