LG VIDEO - WEEK 8 - 5:18 MINUTES
– Name a favorite movie from the 90’s even though other people may think it is lame or never heard of it.
– Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
SCRIPTURE (Read Out Loud in the Group)
Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2 A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3 He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd.4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way. 5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly. 7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.” 8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. 10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
– What do you observe about the encounter between Jesus and Zacchaeus?
– What do you observe about Zacchaeus response to God’s grace?
– Explain “grace” in your own words and in the most UNcomplicated way possible.
– Why is “truth” required for us to grow?
– Do you have a tendency to lean more toward being gracious with yourself (slack) or truthful (cut throat).
– Share an area of your life and character that God wants you to grow to become more like Jesus. (WARNING: This question requires major humility.)
Before Next Week:
– Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
– Ask someone volunteer their 4 minutes testimony next week
– Pray for one another in groups
Day 1: Matthew 16
Day 2: Matthew 17
Day 3: Matthew 18
Day 4: Matthew 19 & 20
Day 5: Matthew 21
Day 6: Matthew 22
Day 7: Matthew 23 & 24