– What was your favorite book growing up?
– Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.” 4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
– What do you observe about the passages of scriptures above?
– Pastor Justice said, “Because the word of God is alive and active, sometimes we read the Bible and sometimes the Bible reads us.” What did he mean by that statement? Have you had a similar experience?
– How has the Word of God impacted your life? Share an example when the “timeless” Word of God (LOGOS) or the “timely” Word of God (RHEMA) has guided your life.
Before Next Week:
– Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
– Ask someone volunteer their 4 minutes testimony next week
– Pray for one another in groups
Day 1: Matthew 9
Day 2: Matthew 10
Day 3: Matthew 11
Day 4: Matthew 12
Day 5: Matthew 13
Day 6: Matthew 14
Day 7: Matthew 15