LG VIDEO - WEEK 8 - 5:18 MINUTES
- What’s the most unique gift you ever received?
- What’s the most unique gift you’ve surprised someone?
- Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
1 Corinthians 12:4-11
There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. 7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.
For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
1 Corinthians 1:26-31
Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”
- Pastor Keith said the strategy of the enemy is to try to block you from knowing your identity in Christ. What do you think holds people back the most?
- Share a time you really felt like you made a difference with your life by serving others.
- Just like Jesus was a strangely wrapped gift to the world, you are a strangely wrapped gift. You have so much to offer God’s Kingdom plan. Is there anything holding you back?
Lastly, are you going to Team Night on Friday, December 3rd?
Text “team” to (818)600-0201
Break in groups to pray for one another. Be sure to follow up on the action steps from last week.
Before Next Week:
- Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
- Ask someone volunteer their 4 minutes testimony next week
- Pray for one another in groups
Day 1: Luke 23
Day 2: Luke 24
Day 3: John 1
Day 4: John 2
Day 5: John 3
Day 6: John 4
Day 7: John 5